Saturday, August 29, 2026

Cute Little Light Gecko

Raptor, Little Light

You were a small warm whisper on my palm,
a gentle smile upon soft skin, a quiet charm.
Raptor, you sat like sunshine on the wall,
tilting your head as if to answer my call.

You loved the hush of evenings, slow and sweet,
the tiny world beneath your careful feet.
Your smile, soft as moonlight, made my loneliest days feel less enormous, 
in a thousand gentle ways.

Then came the cold that crept beneath your skin,
a fevered silence, a winter closing in.
I held the hollow of a chance I could not keep,
three days that slipped away while I watched and wept.

There were hands that chose for me what should have been, a man who wrecked our trust and let harm in.
He called himself a father, but he never proved his name;
his thoughtless choices stole you, and left me with the blame.

Months of mourning wore into my bones,
I learned the shape of sorrow in quiet tones.
Yet in my prayers I send you fields and light,
a kinder dawn, a softer, endless night.

May you be born where warm winds breathe and heal,
where walls and leaves hold steady places to feel.
I wonder who will ever match your gentle art.
Raptor, little heartbeat, keeper of my heart.

20260826 Written by Kepik Romantis / Me

No comments:

Post a Comment